[texworks] message from TeXworks user

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Fri Dec 18 20:53:41 CET 2009

Le 18 déc. 2009 à 19:08, Stefan Löffler a écrit :

> I'm not a Mac expert at all. But I assume you got the precompiled binary from the TeXworks page? In that case, I think hunspell and all the libraries you need should be included, AFAIK.
> You do have to install dictionaries, though (Tw doesn't work with the built-in Mac spell checker, IIRC). See http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/SpellingDictionaries for some information about how to do that.

Everything is pre-installed but the dictionaries themselves, which must be in OpenOffice.org 2.x format. Go to <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries>, scroll down to the table of contents and choose your language. For French this will bring you to <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries#French_.28France.2C_....29>, and from there to <http://www.dicollecte.org/download.php?prj=fr>.

Choose the spelling of your taste (classical, reformed, or classical + reformed) and download the dictionary, which is a ZIP archive. Extract it and put the .dic and .aff files inside ~/Library/TeXworks/dictionaries. Start up TeXworks. You're done!

Bruno Voisin