[texworks] Latexmk for TeXworks & *nix style environment

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:10:17 CET 2009

Hi,

On 2009-12-14 22:17, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> The latexmk perl script has been part of TeX Live since 2008. The following engines use the latexmk script that is along the path to the TeX Live bin directory.
>
> Enclosed is a setup of latexmk for TeXworks. The enclosed bin directory is to be placed in the TeXworks folder on your system. It contains three .engine files, shell scripts for executing latexmk using pdflatex, xelatex and latex (with automatic final runs through dvips and ps2pdf). It also contains three `rc' files for each of the engines which contains the latexmk setup information for each of the engines. Latexmk will run (pdf/xe)latex, bibtex and/or makeindex if needed and then (pdf/xe)latex the correct number of times to resolve cross-references.

Thanks for your great contribution!
I'd like to add that if one doesn't need elaborate custom rc files (for
defining special glossaries, etc.), running latexmk can be simplified as
outlined in http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=24. The
approach mentioned there should also work on Windows. It's only written
explicitly for pdflatex, but others should work similarly. As for those
processes which produce dvi, conversion scripts for both *nix and
Windows platforms are available (either from GC or posted previously on
this list).

Maybe we should start collecting such files (your zip archive, the
scripts for running the dvi->pdf process for both *nix and Windows,
etc.) and put them up in a single place so it's easier for people to
find and for us to point others to.

-Stefan