[texworks] what do the tab-width and auto-indent GUI mean?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:34:26 CET 2009

On 8 Dec 2009, at 07:20, Stefan Löffler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2009-12-06 08:44, kap4lin wrote:
>> Now, I am not able to figure out two of the settings under Edit >
>> Preferences > Editor:
>>
>> 1. Tab width (32 pt) -- I don't see any changes when 8 or 16 or 64 pt
>> is used? Is this the indent width? Pressing TAB always jumps 6
>> characters in the editor, no matter what this value is.
>>

> Yes, this is supposed to be a tab size. Unfortunately, it currently
> isn't working (thanks for noticing and reporting). I have just posted a
> patch to fix this, though (see
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=89) which Jonathan
> hopefully commits to svn soon.

Yes - thanks for this. I thought tab size was hooked up long ago, but obviously that must be a detail that never got finished. :(

I don't have access to my main texworks development environments this week, but should be able to commit this (and several other recent contributions - I'm not intending to ignore them!) once I get home, after the weekend.

JK