[texworks] Toolbar button to open PDF with system default program

Peter Wüsten peter.wuesten at gmx.de
Wed Dec 2 16:25:52 CET 2009

Tomek wrote:
> I quite dislike the idea. Simple and clean user interface is also
> important. Such a button would only add clutter and the practical
> utility of it seems minuscule, since there is already an integrated
> PDF viewer. Perhaps a keyboard binding for those who really need it,
> or a script.

While I think the feature as such (viewing the the PDF-file in the
system's default viewer) is reasonable I'm with Tomek: Not another
button, I love the user interface as clean as it is.

The feature is easy enough to set up as one of the typesetting tools:
Use the command to run your PDF-viewer as the programme-name, and
$basename.pdf as argument.

Cheers,

Peter Wüsten