[texworks] cocoAspell and TeXworks

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 15:56:07 CET 2009

Hi,

Chris Coath schrieb:
> Has anybody succeeded in using cocoAspell spell checker in OSX 10.6?
> The install seems to work, I can select a dictionary (in Applications
> -> System Preferances -> Spelling) but the Edit -> Spelling menu in
> TeXworks shows only [tick]None.

I'm not a Mac expert, but Tw doesn't support Aspell directly, AFAIK. It
comes with its own binding to the hunspell spell checker. See
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/SpellingDictionaries for more
information about the spell checking system in Tw.

HTH
Stefan

PS: Support for other spell checkers like Aspell is planned, but not yet
implemented due to some cross-platform issues.