[texworks] Preferences on Mac OS X 10.6.2

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Nov 24 07:31:25 CET 2009

On 24 nov. 2009, at 03:40, Helge Baumann wrote:

> deleting system font cache didn't help, same error in console ...
>
> Am 24.11.2009 um 03:33 schrieb Helge Baumann:
>
>> deleting my personal font cache (with Tinker Tool System)  didn't help, trying system font cache ...

Did you try also the command-line way described at <http://www.macworld.com/article/139383/2009/03/fontcacheclear.html>, logging in and back out afterwards (or even better rebooting)?

By any chance, have you also used Migration Assistant at some point in the past to move from one Mac with one version of OS X to another Mac with another version of OS X? I've seen all sorts of weird things happen here in my lab with colleagues using Migration Assistant, and ending up with a patchwork of preferences, caches and support files from different software versions, which invariably raises compatibility issues sooner or later.

I've been using OS X 10.6.2 for some time on two Macs, and not experiencing the problem you describe.

Bruno Voisin