[texworks] back and forth between source tex and pdf?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 09:29:21 CET 2009

Hi,

On 2009-11-22 08:14, kap4lin wrote:
> Setup: TexLive from Debian/sid - infact, the full texlive distribution!

Which version of it? This is crucial... (see below)

> Has anyone been able to get a working forward and inverse point
> movements between tex and pdf with texworks on Linux (say, Debian)?

Yeah, it works nicely out of the box on Ubuntu (Debian based) *IF* you
have TeXLive >= 2008. Unfortunately, only TeXLive 2007 is in the
repositories (at least for Ubuntu, but I guess it's the same for
Debian), which doesn't support the sync feature yet. It's very easy to
set up TeXLive 2009, though - just visit http://www.tug.org/texlive/.
You can even have it side-by-side with your distro version.

HTH