[texworks] german translation

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 12:11:10 CEST 2009

On 2009-10-03 11:39, Thomas Floeren wrote:
> well, I've done the steps, I have the source-code on my HD. I see the
> TeXworks_de.ts file.

Great :).

> I could edit it with my favorite TextEditor (as it is a rather-clean
> XML).
>
> But this is not the good point, I guess. There seem to be some
> (QT)-Tools out there which provide an interface to do these
> translation tasks. "QT Linguist" or anything similar.
>
> Just give me a hint how to make it work (the QT-linguist-thingy). The
> QT-website is not very coherent and/or helpful.

You're absolutely right. Editing the file in a text editor works, but is
not recommended. The tool that is recommended is Qt Linguist.
I don't know if you have Qt Linguist already. You could try typing
"linguist" in a terminal.
If you don't have Linguist, I think it should be included in the Qt
Framework package. As I wrote before, just go to
http://qt.nokia.com/downloads, click "Chose LGPL/Free" and then
"Download Qt libraries 4.5 for Mac" on the right hand side. It's a dmg
file, but since I'm not a Mac user I can't tell you how to install/use
it (but from what I read on Wikipedia, it should somehow integrate into
the Finder).

Once you have linguist installed, run it. Then simply open
TeXworks_de.ts and start happy translating ;).

Cheers