[texworks] german translation

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 09:47:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-10-02 21:22, Thomas Floeren wrote:
> You'll see now that I have no clue of nothing? I'm just a linguist.
> So, givme some hints.

sure, no problem :).

> Where there? Sorry, I didn't find anything.

How to do the translation is described at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/Translating.
You will need the Qt development tools (which is called Qt: Framework, I
think). I have no idea if they are included in Mac OS. If they are not,
you can get them at http://qt.nokia.com/downloads (click "Chose
LGPL/Free" and then "Download Qt libraries 4.5 for Mac").

> Do I have to compile the source code to do the translation files? I
> guess, not.

No, you don't. However, you should have the latest source code so you
can translate strings that are added. For this, you need subversion. For
how to check out the sources, see for example
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/checkout (they also have a link
to a list of subversion programs, in case you need one).
To test your translations, you must click "File -> Release" to create a
.qm file from the .ts file you normally work on. That .qm file you then
have to copy to the folder ~/Library/.TeXworks/translations and restart Tw.

> I've already tried to compile a TW-working application from the osx
> source code some months ago. It stalled at poppler, but Im not sure,
> if it was poppler. But it stalled.

Yeah, I know, compiling on Mac is not trivial (at least I haven't heard
from many people beside Jonathan who have managed). Anyway, for
translating Tw it fortunately isn't necessary :).

If you have any more problems/questions, just ask.
HTH