[texworks] TeXWorks under MiTeX Portable - two different .exe s?

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:27:46 CEST 2009

>"I see that you use another message and changed the subject"
Apologies! Had no idea that would happen :)

>"Now how do you manage the path and system variables for the portable
system?"

It was simpler than I could have guessed.

Relative or Don't use a drive letter!

..\..\..\LaTeXPortable\LatexUtils\MiTeX 2.8.3541 Portabe\miktex\bin

XAMPP and Apache installs using paths like:

 Alias /trials "/LaTeXPortable/xampp/htdocs/trials/"

Somethings have to be reset manually when a new drive leter is assigned, but
so far no grief.

Paul