[texworks] Wrong translations of standard buttons (was: german translation)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 19:19:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

on a different (but related topic):

I just noticed that the standard buttons (OK, Cancel, Restore defaults,
...) are usually not translated (even in German and French, which are
officially supported by Qt, IIRC). Curiously, this differs between
languages. In German and French, for example, there are translations for
the button "Restore defaults", but not in the Italian translation. This
may be related to my system (Ubuntu 9.04 with Qt from the repository),
so please could others check on their systems?

I also noticed that for Arabic and Korean, there are user-supplied
qt_<lang>.ts files in the trans/ folder. This may be a simple
alternative for translating the button names once and for all, but
somehow I can't get them to be included in the compiled translations
(.qm). How did you do that, Jonathan (as in the Arabic translations, the
buttons are labeled correctly (or at least not in English ;))).