[texworks] Using Lua Extension - to get LaTeX package help

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Sep 19 23:57:41 CEST 2009

     > I don't think package names are allowed to have spaces in them, is that
     > right does any one know?

In TeX Live, spaces are not allowed in package names.

As for your other question about matching package names and system
commands, there are package names that do match command names.  It would
be mistake to ever run a package name as a system command.  Almost any
command can be destructive given enough effort, seems to me.

Specifically, at a glance I see a package named "patch"; whether you
consider the patch command to be destructive is in the eye of the
beholder, I suppose, but it's nothing I would run lightly.

Best,
Karl