[texworks] Using Lua Extension - to get LaTeX package help

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 05:03:02 CEST 2009

Hi All,

Here is something a little bit exciting - well to me any way :-)

Its something I really wanted for checking package options and usage.

You can use a simple Lua script, if you are using MiTeX (and simply alter it
for other distributions),
to get LaTeX package help from within Stefan's experimental Lua TeXWorks
editor version.

Simply highlight the package name - to make it clear (appologies to advanced
users) the bit in between the braces \usepackage{graphicx} i.e. graphicx and
use this script -
(substitute "mthelp"  for your distribution's package help call.

We should be careful to only highlight a non-system-destructive package
name! So far as I know no CTAN LaTeX package names are synonymous with OS
commnds that are dangerous are they?

--[[TeXworksScript
Title: Package Help