[texworks] TeXworks and TeXLive 2009

Mike Willis Mike.Willis at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 10:03:56 CEST 2009

I currently have TeXworks deployed to a bunch of Linux machines that
have TeXLive 2008 installed. The Linux distro is SLED 11 which despite
having been released around March 2009 ships with TeXLive 2007, so I've
already had to replace that.

It's my understanding that TeXworks is being developed with a view to
being included in TeXLive 2009. With that in mind, I'm wondering will
there come a point where TeXworks requires TeXLive 2009 and will not
properly function with TeXLive 2008?

I don't actually use TeX myself so I'm not very clued up on the finer
points of how it all works.

thanks,

mike