[texworks] Print function in the pdf viewer

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 11 23:58:30 CEST 2009

On 11 Sep 2009, at 22:44, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A thing I miss most is Print function in the pdf viewer. Is it easy
> to implement?

If it were easy, it would have been there from the start. :) Some kind
of simple printing is easy, but it's not easy to implement a print
function that will do a high-quality, efficient job on all platforms
and for all types of printer.

Stefan has written an experimental patch that provides printing
support, and you can get Windows builds that include this from Alain's
site -- check the mailing list archives. (Sorry, I don't remember
which platform you're using.)

Further testing and refinement of the printing function, and
integrating it into the main release, is something we'll try to work
on after the TeX Live release is finished; I didn't want to risk
destabilizing the program just before that goes out.

For now, I'd recommend using Adobe Reader or other existing tools to
print the PDF.

JK