[texworks] Making TeXWorks a real bidi editor

Mehdi Omidali mehdioa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:55:02 CEST 2009

Hi,
After thinking about making texworks a real bidi editor I arrived at
the point that it is really hard. But it would be nice if there is a
shortcut like Ctrl+G->"changekeyboardlayout+put LRM" (for LTR
documents) and Ctrl+H->"Changekeyboardlayout+put RLM". Since I am not
an expert programmer I think I should put it in the
"CompletingEdit::keyPressEvent" function in ComletingEdit.cpp. Is that
right?
Another thing is that when one use farsi or arabic layout of texworks,
left and right arrow keys works in opposite directions. Can it be
repaired?
Best regards
Mehdi Omidali