[texworks] Lua Extension - put into Sentance Case, Trim, Date Time, lowercase, uppercase

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:21:39 CEST 2009

Dear Jonathan,

I have been thinking more about these sorts of things, and the usefulness of
other environments and the COM and related technmologies MS do, and I was
starting to think of  cross platform solutions and then the
whole XMLHttpRequest() mechanism came ot mind

Is it at all possible to have that kind of thing, where a port number, IP
and filename request can be issued and the cleaned up response text applied
to the selection in the Editor?  Would JavaScript in TW have an
XMLHttpRequest() type of object available?

I am pretty sure that Lazarus in Linux and definetly Delphi under Win32 and
many other programing environments let us define servers and assign them
listening ports, and straight Apache and Php is the obvious sort of thing I
have in mind.

It just seems mind blowing what could be achieved. Tap directly into
databases .., well do anything that the server that recives the request can
process.

Paul