[texworks] Window Show Tags and Window Show Contents

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Sep 9 10:09:40 CEST 2009

Le 9 sept. 2009 à 09:23, Alain Delmotte a écrit :

> In the preview, the tags appear only if I use *hyperref* with the
> setup *\hypersetup{bookmarks=true}* and compile at least 2 times.

That seems normal:

- The tags in the editor window (available via Window > Show > Tags)
are defined by the markup in the input document, namely for LaTeX by
\section commands etc.

- The "tags" in the preview window (available via Window > Show >
Contents) are defined by the PDF bookmarks in the PDF output, such as
inserted by the hyperref package in its default implicit mode.

These are quite different mechanisms, generally yielding the same tags
but not necessarily so (especially if the hyperref package isn't used,
of course).

Or did I get something wrong?

Bruno Voisin