[texworks] Window Show Tags and Window Show Contents

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 09:33:26 CEST 2009

Jonathan Kew schrieb:
> On 9 Sep 2009, at 00:12, Paul A Norman wrote:
>
>> * Did you try with the most recent standard build (i.e. those on Tw's
>> Google Code page)? This may be related to Alain's (experimental) Lua
>> build, in which case we'd have to investigate in a totally different
>> direction.
>> I will have to do that (would mean for now no scripting extension) -
>>
>> - regrettably, as I have been using Alain's Lua build to actually
>> help me - I have needed to be able to easily insert custom LaTeX
>> tags, and certain text editing features, and his Lua bindings
>> provided the needed mechanism - one which allowed me to easily update
>> any LaTeX tag changes I make.
>
> Just for the record: I expect Stefan is too modest to mention it, but
> the Lua scripting extension is actually his work; Alain has been
> helpfully creating the experimental Windows binaries for people to
> try, but the actual coding is Stefan's.

Yeah, and so are any errors in it ;). But it's right, I wrote the code,
and Alain kindly compiled and hosted the program. However, I found that
many people are more comfortable with referring to an application by
where they got it from rather than trying to track down who provided
which patch.

In any case, the problem was not Lua-specific and is fixed now,
fortunately (thanks Jonathan, btw), so all is well :).