[texworks] Linux Application Bundle of TeXworks released

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 6 20:43:34 CEST 2009

Hi Laurence,

> One of the first applications I chose to build as a bundle was
> TeXworks, and you can download it from
> http://www.appbundles.org/getstarted.html .  This bundle is designed
> to work on any Linux distribution from the past three or four years;

Many thanks for your encouraging comments, and for making this
available. I'd appreciate hearing how this works out for users on
various Linux distros, and will be happy to add a link to the TeXworks
site if people report positive results.

> I have made this build using a Poppler patch which allows for subpixel
> rendering of text in PDF files---I find this sharpens the somewhat
> spindly Computer Modern glyphs on screen quite considerably.

I know this issue has come up on the poppler mailing list at times.
Could you point me to the patch you're using? I'd be interested to try
building poppler with this for other platforms as well, and see what
the effect is on the display.

Thanks,

JK