[texworks] on Xp pro first Save does not add fileextension

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 02:00:51 CEST 2009

Bonjour Alain,

Thank you for that.

As that decission has been taken, may I suggest that the file extension be
shown as *.* and the filter description be something like:

     "Add an .extsn (.tex)"

  - or something?

In Delphi that entry would be:

     " Add an .extsn (.tex) | *.* "

I'm sorry but I don't have C skills or I would offer to help.

I'm sure that everyone knows, but for the Win32 version, showing an
intended extension, and then not applying it, is non-conformist Windows
programing.

Breaks the styles rules of meeting reasonible user expectations.

Paul

On Sun, September 6, 2009 2:53 am, Alain Delmotte wrote:> It has been
decided not to automatically insert the extension, to allow> saving a
file with another extension or no extension.> But yes it is suggesting
that it will!!!>> Alain>> GMAIL a écrit :>>>> message from TeXworks
user>>>> Dear TexWorks at Tug,>>>> On first/initial save the SaveAs
menuitem is the only save menu item>> not greyed, and then it does not
automatically append the .tex>> filename extension even though the
dropdown box for file extensions>> shows that it will.>>>> So what you
expect to be MyNewDoc.tex is opnly saved as MyNeDoc and no>> file
extension.>>>> Paul>>>>>>>>