[texworks] TeXworks freezes

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 19:29:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-08-21 11:32, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> I am using revision 398 of TeXWorks on fedora 11 (i386). For a small
> file say a file that contains about 500 lines, if I just erase a line
> and make a new line by pressing "Enter", then TeXWorks freezes and I
> have either to press "save" button or click somewhere else in the
> document so it starts working again. I find this very annoying.

Strange, I've never experienced anything like this. So I have a few
questions for you:
 * Is this bug reproducible (i.e. if it happened in a file once, it
happens everytime you repeat the procedure you described)?
 * If so, could you provide us with such a file?
 * Does the window keep its focus when this happens (e.g. the title bar
is still highlighted, etc.)?
 * Do other, keyboard-related functions work (e.g. typesetting by
Ctrl+T, saving by Ctrl+S, etc.)?

Regards