[texworks] Building Texworks problem on Windows

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 14:32:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-08-23 14:12, Mehdi Omidali wrote:
>       qmake --version
>       QMake Version 2.01a
>       Using QT version 4.5.2 in C:/QT/4.5.2/lib
>
> I had two version of QT. I uninstalled one of them,

Well, more good news - one more problem solved :).

> create a fresh
> copy of texworks source and hunspell and made hunspell. Then the
>       "C:\KDE\bin\qmake"
> and
>        mingw32-make
> result: image is attached.
> Sorry for asking too many questions.

No problem, that's what this mailing list is here for, after all. Thanks
for the image, simply copying the text would have been sufficient, but
that's ok.

So the linker doesn't find (some of) the Qt libs. What files do you have
in C:\KDE\lib? There should be (among others) libQtXml4.a, libQtGui4.a,
and libQtCore4.a. If you don't have them, maybe you didn't install all
necessary Qt files?
What is strange about this is that all the Qt libs are added by qmake
automatically -- they're nothing you changed following the guide.

HTH