[texworks] Persian Translation

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 22 19:13:18 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Mehdi Omidali<mehdioa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Jonathan,
> Thanks for including the farsi  translation. Three comments:
> 1- I saw that for arabic interface every line is from right to left in
> the editor but in farsi is not. Farsi lines should be RTL too.

Ah - this is controlled by an entry in the basic Qt localization file
for Arabic (qt_ar.qm), but we don't have a similar file for Persian
(AFAIK, there isn't a Persian Qt localization, or at least I didn't
find one in a quick search).

To work around this, I have added the RTL entry to the TeXworks_fa.ts
file, but we'll need to make sure this doesn't accidentally get lost
in future updates.

> 2- In the farsi installer I saw a mistake in the next botton. It is
> پسین but is better to be ادامه

Please report this to the translator responsible for the Inno Setup
localization; you can find details at
http://www.jrsoftware.org/files/istrans/ which is where I found the
Persian language file.

Is it critical to change this before shipping texworks, because the
current text is clearly wrong/misleading, or is it a matter of
preference or style? I'd prefer not to modify that file in texworks
(that leads to maintenance complications), but wait for an update from
the upstream author, unless it's a really serious problem.

> 3- I changed a couple of mistakes in my translation that I have
> attached modified version.

Ok, thanks; I have merged the updates into the repository.

JK