[texworks] more on the "missing console"

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 13 21:09:20 CEST 2009

On Aug 13, 2009, at 2:00 PM, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hi Daniel!
>
> Daniel Becker a écrit :
>> As for setting up a Latexmk engine:
>> .../...
>> Ok. I managed to set up my latexmk-engine with a configuration
>> file, see screenshot. The "~" does not work. Alain, should I write
>> something for the manual about setting up new engines?
> Yes, please!
> For example it would be nice to have latexmk run LaTeX, makeindex
> and/or BibTeX, LaTeX, LaTeX.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alain

Howdy,

Sometimes it can take even more runs of ``LaTeX'' to get things right.
I'm a big fan of latexmk. I put together some engines for TeXShop
along with configuration (rc) files and some shell scripts. Available
with TeXShop or you can get them as examples as
Latexmk408TeXShop226.zip with some documentation at <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2
 >. Many of the ideas can be taken over for use with TeXworks although
I don't know if the ones that also use shell scripts are as easily
taken over.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)