[texworks] Ctrl+key not working on linux with Dvorak keyboard layout

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 19:51:29 CEST 2009

Hello Jonathan,

I'm using US Dvorak keyboard on Ubuntu and Ctrl+S has no effect
(doesn't save the document). If I switch to normal US keyboard then it
works (and also, "Ctrl+O" would save the document when I use the
Dvorak mapping which means that Ctrl behaves as if the other key was
coming from qwerty). Keys with no modifier work fine. Using Dvorak
keyboard on Mac works fine (despite the fact that I have serious
problems with Ukelele-generated keyboard & modifier keys that the
author had no idea how to solve).

Can anyone test if QWERTY/QWERTZ/AZERTY keyboards work fine on the
reshuffled positions? I don't claim that there's not a problem on my
side (weird settings on ubuntu), but shortcuts with Ctrl in other
programs seem to work fine.

Mojca
    (who has temporary unsubscribed from the list; so if there's
something that I should answer, please CC me)