[texworks] more on the "missing console"

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Thu Aug 13 10:22:42 CEST 2009

Am 13.08.2009 um 10:02 schrieb Alain Delmotte:

>> 3) When the compilation of a text fails, it would be great if the
>> console window at the bottom would offer me to abort the process and
>> to remove the aux files. I don't have the console bar that is shown
>> in
>> the manual.
> ?? This is for Jonathan. ! You are working on a Mac?!

update on this (yes, on a Mac): with r352 optained via MacTeX2009, I
have the console in case of an error. An I also have it with r363 when
the error is

! Undefined control sequence.
l.122 \hjghjqewkjh

But with the following error

Latexmk: -r ~/Library/TeXworks/pdflatexmkrc bad option
Latexmk: Bad options specified
Use
latexmk -help
to get usage information

there is no console. It seems to depend on the kind of error... There
is also no console when I try to run bibtex but the bib-file is
wrongly specified. Maybe this makes sense...

Daniel