[texworks] Error for the on-line manual

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Sat Aug 8 22:49:53 CEST 2009

Hi!

Jonathan Kew a écrit :
> On 8 Aug 2009, at 14:43, Alain Delmotte wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> After compilation of r.355, creating the texworks-help structure in
>> the folder of the programme and populating the structure I get an
>> error message:
>> see the attached picture.
>
> Hmmm... I haven't built and tried this on Windows yet, but hope to get
> time later today. I wonder if the spaces in the path are a problem -
> might need quoting somewhere. Could you try moving the application to
> a directory where there aren't any spaces (e.g. move your TeXworks
> folder from Program Files to the root of the disk), and removing the
> space from "TeXworks Manual", and see if that makes any difference?
It doesn't work.
Remarque: the path to the file is correctly given: first it was with
"TeXworks Manual" and after with "TeXworksManual".

> (Do the other Help menu items work OK for you?)
Yes.

OK. I went to Windows explorer and in the upper right edit zone entered
the link: it doesn't work because the beginning should be: "file:///c:/...."
with 3 "///"! and not 2 as in the error message.

Alain