[texworks] windows and mac binaries (r.352)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Mon Aug 3 19:31:09 CEST 2009

Le 2 août 09 à 19:04, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> A significant change is that the typesetting tool (or "engine")
> definitions are moved from the main "preferences" file to a
> separate .ini file in the texworks configuration folder (alongside
> things like syntax coloring and auto-indent patterns). This should
> make things easier for distributions that want to provide a custom
> set of preconfigured tools. For existing users, your tool
> definitions should be automatically converted to the new .ini file.

Does this mean there can be two sets of configuration files:

- One system-wide in /Library/TeXworks on the Mac (and similar
locations on Windows and Linux I imagine).

- The other user-specific in ~/Library/TeXworks on the Mac (and ...).

And if so:

- Do the completion-rules and typesetting tools etc. in the user-
specific files add up to or replace those in the system-wide files?

- What do the typesetting tools entered through the pref window
modify? The user-specific files (I suppose), or the system-wide ones
(I suppose not)? Does this mean the system-wide config files have to
be written in a text editor (as opposed to the pref GUI)?

Bruno Voisin