[texworks] Open several files

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 22:00:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-08-02 10:56, Gaétan Marris wrote:
> I clarify at first that I use "Windows7 " and " Miktex2.7"
> and I use "TeXworks" with enjoyment and satisfaction for some time already.
> This message is to indicate that I have a problem with the last revisions.
> I tested the revisions 346 and 348 and I do not any more succeed in editing two or three files
> at the same time, by clicking.
> I thus returned to Alain's version 333.

Alain has suggested that he may put up new versions (346 or later) soon.
Once he does, could you test those?

Another point (that I can only speculate about at the moment, though)
may be that the binaries compiled for Windows XP may not work
(completely) on Windows7, simply because some things have been changed
in the operating system. So if neither of Jonathan's and Alain's
versions work, you could try compiling Tw yourself (see e.g.
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/BuildingOnWindowsMinGW for a
guide on how to do that).

What I find curious is that if I understood you correctly, Alain's
version 333 is working for you? As far as I know, nothing has changed in
the code handling the opening of files. So this may point at a problem
with Jonathan's build.

Regards,