[texworks] new binaries (Windows & Mac)

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 31 15:26:39 CEST 2009

On 31 Jul 2009, at 07:10, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>> It will look for a directory "poppler-data" alongside the
>> executable, and use it if present (without requiring this to be the
>> current directory). So it should Just Work. :)
>
> Yeah, the data should be there, but I looks like Akira did some
> changes/changed compile time options for CJK support, but I might
> be wrong.

Akira was patching the poppler library from KDE/Windows, but this
should no longer be necessary with my build.

> Other questions: I see that several libs used by Alain are not needed
> anymore, that is fine (iconv.dll, jpeg62.dll, libfontconfig.dll,
> libfreetype.dll), but also libpoppler.dll? how did you do that? Are
> they
> all included in QtCore4 and QtGui4?

I've eliminated the dependency on fontconfig, so poppler just uses GDI
if it needs to find local fonts (for PDFs that don't embed the "base"
fonts), and static-linked poppler, freetype, etc.

> Also wrt the libs: libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is new...

Yes... I don't know what this is, I guess it's some kind of runtime
support for the new gcc version, but I'd be happy to eliminate it if I
can.

> So I guess I should:
> - kill all we have in TeX Live currently
> - replace it with the stuff you provide
>
> Right?

That's the idea, but obviously it's nice to have some testing first....!

JK