[texworks] Some remarks regarding TeXworks on Mac OS X

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 29 17:20:27 CEST 2009

Using TeXworks 0.1 (r.333) on Mac OS X 10.5.7.

First of all: my compliments to the developers.
This looks really nice and will be a very desirable replacement for
dvi viewers. Hopefully the editor will be extended soon.

I have the following remarks

1. after  editing a typesetting command in the preferences (whether or
not you have made changes), the  typesetting command on the toolbaar
reverts to pdfTeX (the top of the list). I have changed  the
typesetting default to pdflatexmk.

2. After doing a remove aux files the same happened: the typesetting
command on the toolbar reverted to pdfTeX.
I didn't look, did a Typeset and then pdfTeX doesn't understand
\documentclass (of course) and waits for input and you can't respond.
This happened once. I have been trying to reproduce this but haven't
succeeded.

2. I would like to change some of the keybindings. For example: Home
==> goto start of line and End ==> goto end of line.
Some may feel that this is not Mac-like but one can configure Mac OS X
with a DefaultKeyBindings.dict to do just that.
Which is what I have done since I cannot get used to the alternatives.
I have not been able to find anything in the ~/Library/Texworks folder
(I vaguely remember that in Windows there is a file letting you change
keybindings?). Apparently the QT library doesn't honour my keybindings.

4. a keyboard shortcut as supplement  to the toolbar button "Stop
process" (replaces the typeset button when typesetting is active)
(then I don't have to leave  the keyboard after doing Command+T)

Berend Hasselman