[texworks] Icon v8 (was: Icon v7)

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:09:13 CEST 2009

Looking great, Stefan!

I have updated the PNG icons in the repository using these images
(haven't updated the Windows .ico file yet); see how you like the
result. Just a couple of slight adjustments I'd suggest, from looking
at this:

(a) Can you adjust the lighting (positions, maybe?) so that we don't
have such a large spread of white reflection on the ink surface? I
prefer versions where this highlighting is more limited, so that the T
stays more blue overall, particularly at small sizes.

(b) Could we get a bit more light on the underside of the type, so
that the bottom surface isn't quite so dark? I think this would help
the black pen show up better.

Oh, and I agree with Alain that the TeXworks name should be centered
in relation to the clip. If the text tends to partly disappear around
the curvature of the pen, that's OK, I think.

Thanks again,

Jonathan