[texworks] Error with Lua version

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 07:46:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

I can confirm now that this problem also happens on Linux (though Tw
doesn't crash, it just becomes unresponsive until killed). However, my
recent speculations turned out to be incorrect.

On 2009-07-20 17:16, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> Stefan Löffler a écrit :
>> 2) If not: could you send me the version of your log parser with which
>> the crash occurs?
>>
> Hummm! This is industry secret :-)) (well attached)

Then I'm going to save your company some trouble. You think they'll pay
me for it? :P

It turned out that the lua implementation was working correctly. The
problem is that the log is not terminated by a newline character. Since
your TrouverLigne was only looking for newline characters (and not
checking if you've reached the end of the string), it never stopped.
Whether the result was a crash or a hanging application seems to be
system dependent.

Anyway, attached you should find a corrected version of the script.

Regards
Stefan

PS: One suggestion: I'd prefer the error/warning/boxes tabs to only pop
up if they are actually displaying something. That way I as a user would
have immediate feedback whether there were errors etc. or not.