[texworks] Close not Quit?

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Sat Jul 18 10:35:18 CEST 2009

Hi David,

David Perry a écrit :
> OK, I did miss the obvious.  I notice now that when TeXworks starts
> there is actually a blank, untitled document open; so the close (=
> quit) behavior makes a little more sense.  As an enhancement for a
> future version, though, I think it would be nice to have TeXworks
> behave more like many apps in this regard.  Both Word and OpenOffice
> Writer, for instance, start with a blank document that you can close
> without leaving the app.

Yes, when there is only one window open, Close and Quit TW is the same.
I also think that leaving TW open, even without blank document would be
nice; but perhaps it is not so easy to implement.

> Why would this be useful?  I have a long document with several
> \include commands.  I wanted to close the subdocument I was editing
> and then open the master document to typeset, so I hit Ctrl-W,
> thinking it would just close the file and let me open another one.
> That's what got me thinking about this.

About typesetting the main document while your are in a sub-document you
can add at the very beginning of the sub the line:
% !TEX root = main_name.tex and just typeset from there.

There are other instructions like this you can add, see the manual :-)

Alain