[texworks] new Mac binary posted - testing welcome

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:29:13 CEST 2009

Hi Otared,

Thanks for your kind words. :)

Regarding the Print command.... no, you're not being dumb! There is no
support for printing at the moment, you have to open the PDF with some
other tool such as Adobe Reader, Preview, etc, and print from there.

Obviously, this is not ideal, but doing high-quality PDF printing in a
cross-platform manner is tricky, and I didn't want to put the feature
in until it's ready. On the Mac, it would be easy to support, but on
other platforms there are a lot more issues, and I think it would be
doing users a disservice to provide a Print command that may give
inferior output.

I hope we'll have built-in printing support fairly soon -- Stefan
Löffler has done some work on it -- but it's not ready for general use
yet.

Jonathan