[texworks] New icon draft

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 12 20:34:25 CEST 2009

Wow, you've been busy!

My personal preference is still the Blender version, except that I'd
suggest adjusting the color of the main body of the icon -- to my
eyes, it has a brownish tint, whereas I'd prefer a more neutral gray.
Not a big change, just shift the color "temperature" of the metal a
little. Currently, it seems to have RGB values around 0.54/0.49/0.44
(varying across the surface because of the texture and lighting, of
course; this was measured in the lower left part); I'd go for an
average more like 0.5/0.49/0.48.

The body of the SVG version is too light (IMO); obviously, this would
be easy to adjust, but the other issue is the surface texture -- I
think the Blender output does this much more successfully.

To really start nit-picking, one thing that looks a little odd in the
Blender version of the icon -- or should I say logo :) -- is the
corner where the cross-bar of the T meets the vertical stem. This
seems to have a "crevice" that seems peculiar to me. Not that I've got
a real piece of CM type to inspect, to see how it's actually cut.

Other opinions still very welcome.... I'm certainly no expert on any
of this! :)

JK