[texworks] Still an un resolved problem

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:37:02 CEST 2009

On 10 Jul 2009, at 10:18, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I think it goes up a long time: Synctex, on Windows at least,
> doesn't work on multiple files for project.
> The synctex file is created containing lines like:
> .../...
> !95864
> }1
> Input:82:introduction
> Input:83:installation
> Input:84:t1jkptt.fd

Aha, this is really interesting.... is this from TeX Live or MikTeX
or....?

What I notice here is that the Input records are showing just the bare
filename, whereas what I see in .synctex files on OS X is the complete
filename (e.g., introduction.tex) and path if not in the current
directory (e.g., ..../tex/latex/kpfonts/t1jkptt.fd). If the Windows
implementations don't give the same information, then TW will need to
try to search for the files in the same way TeX would.

What appears in the .synctex file if you give an explicit path to a
file in your TeX document, e.g., \input "c:/path/to/my/file.tex"? Is
the path recorded, or lost?

JK