[texworks] new Mac binary posted - testing welcome

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Fri Jul 10 01:40:08 CEST 2009

Jonathan Kew schrieb:
> For those wanting to try an up-to-date binary on Mac OS, I have just
> posted a new build (svn r.327) on the Google Code downloads page:
>
>   http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list
>
> This should be very close to the version that will go into the MacTeX
> 2009 release, though there are still a few bug-fixes I'd like to get
> done, so don't consider it "final". However, testing would be very much
> appreciated,

Wow, Jonathan, I like it. 8-) It is quite close to what we know from
TeXShop, and yet it's ... different ... ;-)

It's the first time I've tried TeXworks because the old binaries you
provided before did not run on my Mac.

I'm on a MacBook Mid 2007, Mac OS X 10.5.7 with all patches installed.

There are some points I would like to mention after a *very* quick test:

- Syntax highlighting did not work after Datei|Neu aus Vorlage (File|New
from template?). I had to close the file and reload it, then it worked fine.

- German localisation is fine.

- I could not switch back from full screen view to the normal windows
view. No button is displayed for that, and pressing ESC once or several
times does not work either, so I had to quit TeXworks via CMD-q...

- When I selected File|Open for the first time the dialog started in the
Applications directory. I think it sould start in your Home directory.
Perhaps there is a way to change this?

- Spellchecking is turned off globally. No language there to select.

- The icon you get when switching between applications by CMD-TAB is too
low in resolution. It just looks too crude, especially next to the new
Firefox icon... ;-)

This is a fine project. Thanks for all your efforts to everyone
participating!

Regards,
Jürgen.