[texworks] German translation updates

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:41:04 CEST 2009

Thomas Floeren schrieb:
> By the way, when I switch my TeXworks to German it shows "Übersetzen" for "Typeset"; shouldn’t this rather read "Setzen" (or maybe "Kompilieren")?

Hm, yeah, I'm not too happy with "Übersetzen", which would probably lead
people to believe it somehow translates the text. "Setzen", though being
the literal translation, would be rather difficult to comprehend
especially for newcomers IMO, however, because it can have many meanings
other than typeset. "Kompilieren" may also scare people off, because
they either don't know what it is or associate with programming
(something many people find complicated).

I'd suggest something along the lines of "Dokument erstellen" (=create
document) or "Ausgabe erstellen" (=create output). They are not quite
ideal, either. "Dokument erstellen" may lead people to believe that it
would actually create a new document, while "Ausgabe erstellen" is not
really very descriptive (what output? how? why?). But I don't have any
better suggestions.