[texworks] German translation updates

Steffen Wolfrum texworks at st.estfiles.de
Tue Jul 7 07:47:26 CEST 2009

Am 07.07.2009 um 01:12 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Peter Wüsten<peter.wuesten at gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest replacing "Stapeln" with the much more intuitive
>> "Übereinander"
>> (which also corresponds nicely to "Nebeneinander").
>
> I've just committed the updated German file (with Stapeln), but we can
> easily change this if the German speakers agree that Übereinander
> would be preferable. Stefan, Steffen, what do you think?

Reading the isolated word "Stapeln" confused me:
surely it's meant to be  the verb "stapeln", but written with a
capital "S" it first looks like a noun, but then with a wrong plural
"n": "Stapel(n)".

"Übereinander" and "Nebeneinander" are the adverbs that clearly tell
the difference:
either windows (as "Fenster" is the top-level menu item, right?) are
placed side-by-side ("Neben...") or at top of each other ("Über...")

And  the verb "Kacheln" is quite special too ... (only used in real
life when you construct your own house  :-)

So, I am not a linguist but Peter's proposal sounds very clever to me!

Best wishes to all

Steffen