[texworks] Icon

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:42:36 CEST 2009

On 6 Jul 2009, at 14:16, William Adams wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2009, at 6:21 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> I have just replaced the old icon in TW with this new design.
>> Additional "polish" is still welcome, of course, but it already looks
>> *much* better.
>
> Agreed. (I was one of the people playing around w/ ideas, but I was
> not coming up w/ anything usable).
>
> I happen to have some metal type, so will try to find the time to
> haul something out and photograph it --- if nothing else, might be
> useful as reference material.
>
> My one concern is that we're not getting the ``W'' from ``Works''
> into it (though we'll have to be careful in doing that lest we wind
> up w/ a clone of Adobe's periodic table of applications icons) which
> would help to distance it from the Textures design as Bruno noted.

Some reference to the "w" might be nice, though I like the simplicity
of the "T" icon and would be sorry to lose that. (Note that I write
TeXworks with a lowercase "w", btw; I think it was originally
uppercase, but I think it looks better this way.) I don't think the
Textures logo need concern us; although both are based on a "T",
that's about all they have in common -- I can't imagine anyone getting
confused between the two.

JK