[texworks] Icon

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Jul 6 15:16:36 CEST 2009

On Jul 5, 2009, at 6:21 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I have just replaced the old icon in TW with this new design.
> Additional "polish" is still welcome, of course, but it already looks
> *much* better.

Agreed. (I was one of the people playing around w/ ideas, but I was
not coming up w/ anything usable).

I happen to have some metal type, so will try to find the time to haul
something out and photograph it --- if nothing else, might be useful
as reference material.

My one concern is that we're not getting the ``W'' from ``Works'' into
it (though we'll have to be careful in doing that lest we wind up w/ a
clone of Adobe's periodic table of applications icons) which would
help to distance it from the Textures design as Bruno noted.

FWIW, George Williams did a similar thing w/ the FontForge webpage:

http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/

William

--
William Adams