[texworks] Icon

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 07:27:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-07-06 00:21, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> I have just replaced the old icon in TW with this new design.
> Additional "polish" is still welcome, of course, but it already looks
> *much* better.

Glad you like it. BTW, additional "polish" won't affect the icon-sized
images anyway. It would only make the large image more pleasing (if done
correctly), e.g. as a kind of "logo" for webpages or documentation.

One request: Could you include the 48x48px icon with the sources (either
replacing the current version or in addition to it)? AFAIK the 32x32px
is specific to Windows (not sure about Mac, though). At least on Linux
(particularly Gnome), 48x48px is the default for app icons (see e.g.
http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/icons-types.html.en).
It's just that downsampling is usually better than upsampling ;).

BTW: I could also do a larger (96x96px or something) version for modern
Windows system (I think they have huge icons, but I'm not sure just how
huge; please advise).

> Now that we have a real icon, I've also taken the step of bumping the
> version number to 0.1. With TeX Live '09 currently being pre-tested,
> and (as I understand it) intending to include Windows and Mac builds
> of TW, it's the perfect time for a real icon and a first "release", as
> opposed to continual development builds. :)

Yippie! :)

-Stefan