[texworks] TeXworks-setup.ini ignored

CB cb.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 12:01:04 CEST 2009

2009/7/4 Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com>:
> Hi again,
>
> OK. Here are a few more questions for you:
> 1) Do the directories you specified in the ini exist? (they have to,
> otherwise the directives are ignored)

Ah. This was part of the problem. I had tried 2 approaches:

1. starting without the texworks directory being in the new location.
As you've explained, nothing happened (I was expecting the directory
to be created, as it is in the userprofile without using an .ini).
2. copying the texworks directory from the userprofile location to the
new location. I was expecting then to open up Texworks to see my old
preferences in place. But as texworks appeared in default clothing
(without my font choices and typesetting tools set up), I assumed the
texworks directory in the new location wasn't being read. Now I
realise the original prefs were in the registry, and the new ones are
in TUG/TeXworks.ini.

The combination of 1 and 2 made it seem that the new location wasn't
working. I was wrong.

Perhaps in an ideal world there would be a way of copying the registry
prefs over to texworks-setup.ini?

Anyway, all's good now. Thanks for your help.