[texworks] relative binary paths & local/global settings

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:40:24 CEST 2009

2009/6/24 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>:
> We are trying to pack TW for ConTeXt distribution (it already works
> nicely with some details that could be improved). So any good ideas
> how to do it better than using the same path are welcome (bat wrapper
> sounds nice as well, but I need to figure out how to configure path to
> TeX binaries without having them explicitely in PATH - by specifying
> just a relative position to TW).
>
> How exactly do you initialize TW? Does it respect TW_INIPATH variable
> from texmf.cnf out of the box?

I'm going to derive all the necessary paths either relative to the
batch location or from calls to kpsewhich. Then I will set up the
environment (PATH, TW_INIPATH, TW_LIBPATH) and start TW. I expect that
you would need to do something very similar for ConTeXt, so it's quite
likely that we could use the same approach in both cases. I don't even
mind writing such a batch for ConTeXt, it won't take long, and I need
to do it for TL anyway.

Cheers,

Tomek