[texworks] Bibtex key autocompletion

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:29:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

CB schrieb:
> 2009/6/16 CB <cb.lists at gmail.com>:
>
>> Are there any plans for autocompletion of Bibtex keys?
>>
>> CB
>
> Perhaps I didn't make myself clear (or of course, I may be the only
> person interested in such a feature).
>
> What I mean is autocompletion of the key within a \cite{} statement,
> drawing on the .bib file pointed to in \bibliography{}. From memory, I
> think Texlipse and Led both had this. It reduces dependency on a very
> strict key-naming scheme, which makes working with external tools
> (like Zotero or Mendeley) easier.

I'm very much in favor of this, but this requires either parsing the
source code (in case of a in-document bibliography) or the support
(=parsing and processing) of external .bib files. Personally, I'd like
to see a few other changes to the sources before this can be implemented
properly, but it's definitely on my personal wish-list :).

-Stefan