[texworks] Windows binaries for testing

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:39:10 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-06-23 03:57, David J. Perry wrote:
> The printing version worked for me with Vista pretty much the same as
> it did for Mojca.  Thank you for providing this, Stefan.

Good to hear :).

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan Löffler"
> <st.loeffler at gmail.com>
>> That should be possible. I'm not sure if the printing preferences dialog
>> on Windows supports it.
> No, it's up to the application.

Ah, OK. I just asked because the Linux dialog supports it. But then
again on Windows the native dialog is used, AFAIK, while on Linux a
generic one is used. So I guess this rules out easily setting the
margins on Windows :(.

>> Hm, for printing the PDF there should be a progress dialog.
> The first time I tried printing the PDF, no such dialog appeared.  The
> second time, a small window labelled "TeXworks"  popped up but there
> was nothing in it; the PDF preview underneath showed through.  The
> third time I got the progress bar you say should be there.
> Interesting . . .

That's odd indeed. I take it you used the same file in all three
attempts? The only thing I can imagine is that the system is too busy to
actually prepare and draw the dialog. I'll see if I can find anything
about this issue.