[texworks] Beginners' needs (was: Lua scripting)

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Fri Jun 19 06:19:42 CEST 2009

From: "T T" <t34www at googlemail.com>
> I changed some syntax patterns but that's just a personal preference.
> As for the colours I think that grey or green for comments and red for
> braces (to make them stand out) are quite good choices. Blue for
> commands feels right and magenta for environments mixes well with
> that. Of course this is something very subjective, so opinions on that
> will vary I suspect.

This is another very good suggest to help beginners.  I absolutely agree
that the curly braces need to stand out (red, probably).

ALong this line, I suggest renaming the "balance delimiters" function.  For
a long time I expected it to actually do something, such as locate curly
brackets that weren't properly closed.  Perhaps calling it "identify
delimiters" or "show delimiters" would give a better sense of what it really
does for beginners.

David