[texworks] Beginners' needs (was: Lua scripting)

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:38:05 CEST 2009

On 18 Jun 2009, at 08:43, Stefan Löffler wrote:

> Another point (though not an absolute must-have):
>
> 7) A good icon
>
> Not that I dislike the lion, but that's the TUG. And since we have
> icons
> everywhere today and people often associate applications with icons, I
> think having a good one for TW would be nice. Plus: it could pimp up
> the
> manuals ;).
>
> If anyone's interested: I'd suggest designing such an icon as a vector
> graphic (e.g. svg, also look at the program Inkscape). Since many of
> TW's icons are taken from Tango: their icon guidelines are at
> http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines. An
> additional
> good (IMO) resource about how to design good icons can be found at
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/icons.html.

Yes please! The current icon is really just a placeholder, "borrowed"
from stuff I did 15 years ago when 32x32 pixel bitmaps were
appropriate, and certainly doesn't stand up to today's standards.

I've mentioned this before, and a couple of people expressed an
interest in possibly working on something, but so far nothing has come
to fruition. Personally, I don't have the graphic design skills needed.

JK